Paid Family Leave (PFL)
While there is no federal requirement for Paid Family Leave (PFL) in the United States, AmVenture Insurance Agency can help bridge the gap with Paid Family Leave coverage. PFL provides up to 8 weeks of paid financial leave (up to 12 weeks in 2021) for circumstances such as the addition of a new child, caring for a family member with a serious medical condition, and focusing on the needs of a family member in active military service.
What Does Paid Family Leave Cover?
- Adoption - Bonding Leave allows parents time with their newly adopted child
- Military Service - for assisting loved ones when a family member is deployed abroad
- Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave - for allowing parents time with their new child
- Foster Care - includes bonding leave for new foster parent relationships
- Family Care - for taking care of a seriously ill family member
Who is Eligible for Paid Family Leave?
Anyone who is an employee may potentially be eligible to receive paid family leave (subject to eligibility requirements).
Additionally, relationships covered by the policy may include:
- Biological mother and father
- Domestic partner of birth mother
- Spouse of birth mother
- Adoptive parent
- Foster parent
- Legal guardian
- In loco parentis (court-ordered assumption of responsibility as a parent)
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
Each circumstance is dependent on its own eligibility requirement, with Bonding Coverage dependent on individual circumstances including a birth, adoption, or foster care event.
How Do I Get Paid Family Leave Coverage?
Employees must notify their employers no less than 30 days before the leave starts, or as soon as possible in events where the advance notice is not an option. Employees can collect their benefits on their first day of leave, so businesses can rest assured their employees are taken care of, whether it's for maternity leave, paternity leave, family leave or caregiver leave.
AmVenture can secure disability coverage for businesses in conjunction with Paid Family Leave insurance. While Paid Family Leave insurance is mandatory in some areas, opting to provide PFL insurance can help take the burden off employees during critical family events and be a strong draw for potential employees. Click to learn more about how AmVenture can help your company find a policy that may benefit your business and employees.